Monday, June 29, 2009

3 Days Rest

I'm finally giving myself some rest from work, 3 days away from my office! One of the things I planed to do is picking up a book to read and enjoying it in Starbucks with a delightful cup of mocchacino! :)



The book that I took is "Spiritual Secret of Hudson Taylor". I've learned so much even in the very first few pages. Hudson Taylor is one of the greatest missionary, and he became one because of the foundation his parents gave him as a child. They knew they were only "workers" together with God in molding young Hudson's life for His services. As a youth pastor, how I wish more parents would see themselves as the Taylor's did, workers together with God in bringing up their children for the very purpose God have design them to fit into.


Taylor spent 51 years in China. The society that he began was responsible for bringing over 800 missionaries to the country who began 125 schools and directly resulted in 18,000 Christian conversions, as well as the establishment of more than 300 stations of work with more than 500 local helpers in all eighteen provinces. -Wikepedia


Christian Fellowship

I was given the opportunity to preach in SMK Bukit Jambul's CF on the 26th June 2009. Tania invited me a week earlier and I gladly said yes. My message "Internalizing the Reality of God" isn't a new one but I did edited the power point to make it simpler and added more directive pictures that illustrated my message. It was fun there was lots of responses and my prayer for that CF is that it will continue to grow spiritually and also numerically.

It is really encouraging to see young people passionately serve God and making history in their school!





No comments:

Post a Comment